Situated approximately 2 km south-west from Balchik, the palace is the former summer residence of the Romanian Queen Maria Alexandrina Victoria de Edinburg (1875 – 1938). Part of Dobrudzha and the town of Balchik fell within the borders of Romania during the Second Balkan War (1913). Romanian intellectuals and aristocrats were taken with the the beautiful landscape in the region and many purchased properties here. When Queen Maria arrived in Balchik she was fascinated by the landscape and the spirit of the town. She decided to build her own summer residence here.
The residence was constructed by the Italian architects Amerigo and Augustino in 1924. It is formed with beautiful terraces along the steep sea shore, through which the water flows from two springs along special stone channels and pours into water mirrors and waterfalls.
This activity is perfect for a day outing and can be combined with a stroll along Balchik’s main beach. There are plenty of local restaurants, just ask our staff to recommend some.
For more information and a guided tour please call +359 893 501 354.